Lay it Bare!

Civil War Memorial, Easton, Pennsylvania, Center Square




!!!ANNOUNCEMENTS!!!



Easton Events Calendar



!!!ANNOUNCEMENTS!!!

iIA! Welcome to EU. Relax and enjoy your stay. Your opinion is the only important thing here.
So speak up & help us raise the people's voice to an unignorable level.
WELCOME TO THE EASTONET :)

Last Five Blog Posts

Last five posts


MISSION

To provide a clean, crime-free, and safe environment with competitive services that allows residents to enjoy a high quality of life, while providing commerce an environment to thrive.

$252,700.00

Monday, October 17, 2005

Hindsight May Be 5' 2"

I can be really shallow when I really need to be the most adept.

Take my voting... Two local candidates both equally approachable. One's had the job before the other is in the appropriate pipeline.

The ex-incumbent (if there isn't such a word there is now) has the endorsement of someone I trust. The other candidate has endorsements from some people I trust.

All things are fairly equal. The ex-incumbent has a tiny edge because of prior job experience.

I see them debate two days before I vote. The non ex-incumbent has a solid grasp of all of the issues and his answers are airtight. He's got numbers, times, and dates. Now that's not quite the case with Mr Ex-incumbent. His answers are canned. Everything's soundbite quality. The answers are about visions, concepts, and visionary concepts.

At this point I'm thinking, "I can't vote for a guy who can't answer a question."

I think about this for two days.

And then I Go to the polls and cast my vote for the tall distinguished-looking conceptual visionist ex-incumbent.

Man, did I ever let myself down.

No comments: