Lay it Bare!

Civil War Memorial, Easton, Pennsylvania, Center Square




!!!ANNOUNCEMENTS!!!



Easton Events Calendar



!!!ANNOUNCEMENTS!!!

iIA! Welcome to EU. Relax and enjoy your stay. Your opinion is the only important thing here.
So speak up & help us raise the people's voice to an unignorable level.
WELCOME TO THE EASTONET :)

Last Five Blog Posts

Last five posts


MISSION

To provide a clean, crime-free, and safe environment with competitive services that allows residents to enjoy a high quality of life, while providing commerce an environment to thrive.

$252,700.00

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Sandy at the Beach?

It's exactly three weeks form election day, and I noticed something strange. I was driving around College Hill today, and I was checking out the campaign posters. On the hill, you can't swing a dead cat and not hit a Ruggles for council lawn ornament. Dan Capora got his out a couple of days late, but they have good saturation on the hill. And Tony Bassil signs are as visible as Roger Ruggles on the hill.

Until today at about 5pm I had never laid my eyes upon a Vulcano for Council sign. This really struck me as weird for a couple of reasons. The first being the fact that she does have the most noticeable of all the campaign signs out there-- The white background makes them stand out nicely-- I personally like it (shallow, huh?!). The next is that for some reason or another (and I could definitely be wrong here) I was under the impression that she was in some sort of campaign advertising business. I will follow this up after some research.

Oh, by the way, I saw her signs at 13th and Bushkill drive/Lafayette Street.

She is the council president and the only incumbent in the four way race for two available seats. If anyone involved with her campaign ever hears of or reads this junk I write, maybe they should look into this signage thing. I may not be the only shallow voter in Easton.

And for the record; I am trying hard to make my voting more responsible and a lot less superficial.

Three weeks to elections.

One week to the Amusement Tax vote.

No comments: