Lay it Bare!

Civil War Memorial, Easton, Pennsylvania, Center Square




!!!ANNOUNCEMENTS!!!



Easton Events Calendar



!!!ANNOUNCEMENTS!!!

iIA! Welcome to EU. Relax and enjoy your stay. Your opinion is the only important thing here.
So speak up & help us raise the people's voice to an unignorable level.
WELCOME TO THE EASTONET :)

Last Five Blog Posts

Last five posts


MISSION

To provide a clean, crime-free, and safe environment with competitive services that allows residents to enjoy a high quality of life, while providing commerce an environment to thrive.

$252,700.00

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

I Really Hate When That Happens!

I really feel like kicking myself when I have to rely on the paper to find out what's happening in my own backyard. Case in point; I found out today from Ed Sieger & Tracy Jordan that there was a College Hill Neighborhood Association meeting last night. And what was I doing that caused me to miss it???

absolutely nothing.

I let myself get out of the loop.

Now I don't knock TJ or Ed. In the short time I've observed the two, they have done what I would consider to be an excellent job. Although they are only ever capable of providing what I would consider to be Cliff's Notes versions of public meetings, they both have been spot-on excellent at conveying the moods of the meetings.

What kills me is that I missed the chance to watch the mayor address my neighbors at this very pivotal time in our city. I sit here wondering if TJ and Ed didn't write about the city's economic condition because no one mentioned it. I wonder if they didn't mention any of the city council candidates up for election in three weeks because they were not there. I wonder if the mayor delivered the same canned grant money spiel he's been pushing since he took office. I wonder why no one even mentioned the police. I wonder if anyone asked about the budget that is just weeks away from its presentation date. I wonder if the mayor addressed the Early Intervention Program-- or when the long overdue Early Intervention financial reports are going to presented to the public.

I wish I was there so I would know.

Has the mayor even commented on the Amusement Tax???

No comments: