Lay it Bare!

Civil War Memorial, Easton, Pennsylvania, Center Square




!!!ANNOUNCEMENTS!!!



Easton Events Calendar



!!!ANNOUNCEMENTS!!!

iIA! Welcome to EU. Relax and enjoy your stay. Your opinion is the only important thing here.
So speak up & help us raise the people's voice to an unignorable level.
WELCOME TO THE EASTONET :)

Last Five Blog Posts

Last five posts


MISSION

To provide a clean, crime-free, and safe environment with competitive services that allows residents to enjoy a high quality of life, while providing commerce an environment to thrive.

$252,700.00

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Footprints on the sidewalk

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along Northampton Street with the Mayor. Across the sky flashed scenes from the past two years.
For each scene, he noticed two sets of footprints on the sidewalk: one belonging to him, and the other to the Mayor. When the last scene of the last two years flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints on the sidewalk. He noticed that many times along the path of the last two years; there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very toughest and most challenging times of the last two years.
This really bothered him and he questioned the Mayor about it. "Mister Mayor, you said that once I decided to follow you, you would walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times of the last two years, there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me."
The Mayor replied,"My son, my precious constituent, I respect you, I appreciate your vote, and Iwould never leave you.
During those times of social trial and economicc suffering, when you saw only one set of footprints, it was then that I hired consultants.
And we were waiting on their reports"

No comments: